By: Julian Kimble
It began as a joke that Monday. My godbrother and I were having a morning Gchat conversation about the brewing DeSean Jackson saga. Still baffled by why the Eagles would consider parting with one of the most electrifying players in the NFL, we jokingly surmised that it was because the organization suspected he was a Crip. Little did we know, the Eagles would silently hide behind that very claim as a shield for releasing Jackson in just a few days. That’s another joke, one I don’t find amusing in the least. I love being right, yet this was one of the few moments I actually wished I was wrong.Read more
Sammy was that deal in high school as are most soon to be 1st round draft picks. Enjoy.Read more
What do you guys think of Manziel’s highlight tape?Read more
The rumor mill has been moving faster than DeSean Jackson’s 4.3 40 lately. Out of thin air there were reports that the Eagles would trade D-Jax to the lowest bidder. Well, either they couldn’t find any bidders or they figured they’d just donate to charity, but DeSean Jackson was released by the Eagles today. He’ll play again, because he’s dope on the field, but here are my thoughts.
1. Read this and it’s pretty easy to see why the Eagles released DeSean Jackson.
2. Now read Jackson’s letter after he got released.
“First I would like to thank the Eagles organization, the Eagles fans and the city of Philadelphia for my time in Philly. I would also like to thank coach Andy Reed [sic] for bringing me in. Secondly, I would like to address the misleading and unfounded reports that my release has anything to do with any affiliation that has been speculated surrounding the company I keep off of the field. I would like to make it very clear that I am not and never have been part of any gang. I am not a gang member and to speculate and assume that I am involved in such activity off the field is reckless and irresponsible. I work very hard on and off the field and I am a good person with good values. I am proud of the accomplishments that I have made both on and off the field. I have worked tirelessly to give back to my community and have a positive impact on those in need. It is unfortunate that I now have to defend myself and my intentions. These reports are irresponsible and just not true . I look forward to working hard for my new team. God Bless.”
3. Innocent until proven guilty, but I’m not stupid DeSean. You can fool some of these white reporters or other people who aren’t as in tune with the black community, but I’m from the hood. My neighborhood was littered with Rolling 20′s Bloods, Shotgun Crips and 107 Hoover Crips. I’ve seen many gang signs and I know why your record label, Jaccpot Records is spelled Jaccpot records.Read more
So the Cleveland Browns, who have just been a poorly run organization for quite sometime didn’t go to Johnny Manziel’s pro day this week. Manziel is a widely considered a top 10 pick in this May’s NFL Draft by many experts. So why the hell wouldn’t the Browns go see Johnny Football at his pro day? Here are my thoughts.
1. They Browns brass couldn’t get any flights out of Cleveland? Maybe.
2. The Browns owner has warrants in Texas?Read more
The Northwestern football players have done it. They won a judgement against the NCAA and can now be classified as a “worker’s union”. This means they deserve to be paid. Uh oh….The NCAA doesn’t like this and I’m sure they’ll appeal quicker than they can send an email. Here are my thoughts.
1. Right now, this only pertains to the 17 private universities and colleges. The public colleges and universities are going to have set up their own lawsuit if they want to fight the big bad NCAA.
2. I haven’t the slightest clue about government. Ok, I take that back I know a little…very little. I do know that some people love big government and others hate it and would rather their local government run the show. Let’s say the universities are local governments and the NCAA is big government. The state of California is bringing in much more money than the state of Maine, the good thing is that these two states are not competing with each other.Read more
I’m growing up. I’m not sure how I feel about this. Here’s the progression of how I digested the information of the NFL banning the touchdown celebration of slam dunking the goal posts.
- This rule is stupid! The NFL is getting on my nerves. They really are the No Fun League.
- What’s the point of banning this celebration? I really don’t understand.
- Oh, Jimmy Graham did break a goalpost last year and it caused a delay. Ok, I get it. If the NFL doesn’t want the problem, then why not just penalize the team if a player breaks the goal post? Maybe, a fifteen yard penalty or hell that team just won’t get to try for an extra point — that’ll really get folks attention.
- I continued to stew in anger towards the No Fun League and then the day while listening to Colin Cowhered, Uncle Colin enlightened me…..
- He stated on his radio show that the NFL didn’t make up this rule to take the fun out of the league. They made the rule to protect the league. Sure you could use my idea and not allow the team to kick an extra point of their player breaks the goal posts. Perfect, right? Hell, throw in a 15 yard penalty too. The world is a better place and the fun is back in the NFL. No….because what if….what if….that broken goal post falls. It’s most likely going to fall forward into the field of play, but what if falls sideways or even backwards? It’s going to possibly fall on fans. Imagine the lawsuits that the player, his team and the NFL are going to face.
So let me think like an owner and not a player for a second. Sure, the dunk celebrations look cool. They’re funny when Veron Davis gets hung on the crossbar. But when Jimmy Graham goes early 90s Shaquille O’Neal and breaks one of those bad boys that’s anywhere from 400 – 1800 pounds falling on fans.
Yeah…let’s ban the slam dunk celebration. Players are only going to get bigger and stronger and sooner or later the inevitable of the goalpost falling into the fans is going to happen.Read more
Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson was selected by the Texas Rangers in the most recent Rule 5 draft. But Bo Jackson is telling the Superbowl champ to forget baseball and stick to football. Video provided by The FumbleRead more
One man’s garbage is another man’s treasure right? For every beautiful woman in the world, there’s a man tired of looking at her. Well, the NFL combine is a beautiful woman that I’m just tired of looking at.
When the NFL began to televise the combine in 2004. I went bat shit crazy. I called Cox Cable about a gazillion times to see if they could carry the NFL Network. No dice. All I wanted to do was watch my OU Sooner friends compete in the NFL combine. I wanted to see what it was all about. What drills were they doing? Would they show the interviews? What the hell was going to happen, because the combine to me was some mythical thing. It’s been around since the 80s but no one has ever seen it. Is this shit even real? You heard the rumors of Deion Sanders running a 4.2 40, Bo Jackson running a 4.12 40, Reggie White bench pressing Indiana and then holding a prayer meeting for all the NFL teams that didn’t draft him.Read more