NFL Top 100: 80 – 71May 17, 2011
This week’s list came out this past Sunday. I’m cool with it except for a few people. Catch the next installment this Sunday at 8pm EST on NFL Network.
80. Jared Allen presented by Leslie Frazier
The fact that he’s 80 is an abomination. He’s easily one of the top 25 players in the league.
79. D’Brickashaw Ferguson presented by Brian Schottenhemier
D’Brickashaw The Great
78. Dallas Clark presented by Jon Gruden
Can we just have Jon Gruden present the rest of the players please?
77. Chris Snee by Shaun O’hara
A real fan knows a great lineman when he sees one.
76. Santonio Holmes by Rex Ryan
Ted Ginn Jr. was drafted higher than him though. Think about that.
75. Jay Ratliff by Tom Coughlin
Beast in the middle of the Cowboys line.
If he had a bigger mouth he’d be ranked higher.
73. Trent Cole presented by Andy Reid
This man was in tears once because he got pulled from a game.
72. Tony Romo presented by Jason Garrett
71. Mario Williams by Gary Kubiak
slow start but he has become a good player on the verge of being a superstar.
The extras this week were cool too.
- Donovan McNabb, Terrell Owens, Julius Peppers and Tony Gonzales all played D-1 basketball.
- Chad Ochocinco didn’t make the list which is weird because there are 18 total WR on the list.
- Only three players on the list have led the league in sacks, Dwight Freeney, Jared Allen, and DeMarcus Ware.
- Only 30 on the list have won Super Bowls.
- After 18 WRs who appear the most on the list, there are 13 DEs and 12 QBs.
- Only 4 number 1 overall picks made the list.
It’s crazy…18 WRs??? That position has easily become one of the most disposable. It shows the players don’t always make the best coaches. 12 QBs proves that valuable QBs are few and far between in this league.
That’s all I got,