6 Thoughts: Why Kellen Moore should be a Heisman finalistDecember 10, 2011
The 2011 Heisman Trophy will be given away in about two hours, and Boise State quarterback, Kellen Moore doesn’t stand a chance to win. I don’t think Moore should win the Heisman, but he should have be in New York City this evening as a Heisman finalist.
1. He has a 176.8 QB rating, 300/405 with 3,507 yards and 41 touchdowns to only 7 picks on the year.
2. He was a finalist last year, and his numbers this year dwarf those (3,506 yards, 33 tds with 5 picks last year).
3. What’s the difference between Andrew Luck and Moore? Stanford and Boise State are both in the top #7 of the BCS with one loss. Moore has better numbers than Andrew Luck.
4. In Moore’s two biggest games this season, he performed well. A win over Georgia, SEC East champion, and a loss to TCU. Remember, that TCU loss, Moore led his team down the field with a chance to win and Boise State missed the field goal. Not Moore’s fault. In Andrew Luck’s big game against Oregon this year, he threw two picks.
5. Moore is a more deserving finalist than Alabama running back, Trent Richardson, who is only 6th in the nation rushing. (LaMichael James of Oregon has 40 less carries than Richardson with more yards). Richardson’s numbers or impact isn’t even close to that Montee Ball’s production.
6. Moore can’t help that fact that he plays in a non-BCS conference. Boise State tries to schedule the big boy schools, but for the most part they are too scared to schedule the Broncos.
That’s all I got,