6 Thoughts: Darron Thomas to enter the NFL DraftJanuary 16, 2012
Darron Thomas will not be an Oregon Duck in 2012. No, he didn’t go Cliff Harris on us….or even Jeremiah Masoli. He just declared himself eligible for the NFL draft. Why in NFL Bust Hell is he foregoing his final season. I have no clue. Here are 6 Thoughts on the situation.
1. Rumblings out of Eugene were that Thomas was going to have to compete with backup QB, Bryan Bennett for the starting QB spot.
2. If this is true? This will not help him once NFL scouts catch wind of this. So you bail once you get competition?
3. Three years ago, Sam Bradford chose to comeback to school. Two years ago Jake Locker chose to comeback to school. Last year Andrew Luck chose to comeback to school. This year, Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson and Landry Jones chose to comeback to school, but Darron Thomas is leaving…that makes sense.
4. Tim Tebow’s “success” might have played a role this decision.
5. Maybe this was the right decision…how much can he really improve in one season?
6. With out a shadow of a doubt there is more to this and we’ll find out exactly what sooner or later.
That’s all I got,