6 Thoughts: Notre Dame KIND OF joining the ACCSeptember 12, 2012
Notre Dame has finally lost it’s independence. Well, kind of…but not really. Every athletic program is joining the ACC, except for the football program of course. Here are my thoughts.
1. Why do we continue to let Notre Dame get away with shit. They basically have joined a conference but have also remained an independent. Seriously, how do they have all of this power? In the 14 years since the BCS, Notre Dame has only been to three BCS games. Hell, West Virginia has made three appearances, if Notre Dame played their cards right they could have joined the Big East and been to more BCS games.
2. Don’t blame Notre Dame for the power they have in college football. Blame NBC for being dumb enough to continue have a TV contract with Notre Dame.
3. This is a total win for Notre Dame. They schedule five ACC teams, a few cupcakes and their rivalries, Michigan, Michigan State, Boston College and USC.
4. Eh, I guess this is good because we’ll no longer have to suffer through Notre Dame vs. Purdue games. Oh wait, we’ll now have to struggle through Notre Dame vs. Duke games.
5. The ACC is already pretty much mediocre football, now they get another mediocre football team that has a bigger brand name.
6. Notre Dame will be able to use this to their advantage in recruiting. Behind the SEC, the ACC puts the most players into the NFL. The Irish can tell recruits they’ll be playing for a great university(in their eyes) and playing against the second best conference in football as well as USC year in and year out.