Monday Morning Cornerback: Week 2September 10, 2012
Western Kentucky vs. Alabama
- As much as I don’t give A.J. McCarron any credit, he’s been looking very very good these first two games.
USC vs. Syracuse
- Syracuse gave absolutely zero “f’s” about it being Matt Barkley’s birthday on Saturday. It seemed like Cuse was one big time playmaker away from being able to beat USC.
- No wonder the Mad Hatter kicked the Honey Badger off the team…they don’t need him. They beat a good Washington team 41-3.
Fresno State vs. Oregon
- Fresno State aka “Play you anytime, anywhere” put up a fight…but Oregon has too much firepower. De’Anthony Thomas touched the ball 7 times, had 102 yards and 2 touchdowns…that kid can score from “anytime, anywhere.”
Oklahoma vs. FAMU
- Why is OU playing FAMU….why?
Savannah State vs. Florida State
- FSU beat Savannah State 55-0….Savannah State got rocked last week 84 – 0 by Oklahoma State….Savannah State has to be on suicide watch right now.
Georgia vs. Missouri
- I really thought that not having four starters play and having to face Mizzou’s spread attack that Georgia would be beat, but I was very wrong. Aaron Murray is that deal and Jon Jenkins and Kwame Geathers are immovable objects in the middle of Georgia’s defensive line.
Louisiana Monroe vs. Arkansas
- Arkansas’ season crashed with Bobby Petrino on the motorcycle.
East Carolina vs. South Carolina
- South Carolina is in good hands with Dylan Thompson just in case Connor Shaw’s shoulder doesn’t heal like it should.
Central Michigan vs. Michigan State
- Michigan State ain’t nothing to be messed with. They really could sneak into the national championship game this year if the SEC beats itself up.
Ball State vs. Clemson
- I cannot wait til Sammy Watkins gets back on the field.
Wisconsin vs. Oregon State
- Well Wisconsin….you guys look like you’re going to be in trouble this year.
Central Florida vs. Ohio State
- Big things happen in Columbus now that Urban is in charge.
Austin Peay vs. Virginia Tech
- I don’t believe in Logan Thomas. I just don’t.
Nebraska vs. UCLA
- Bruh…that UCLA defense is mean! Nebraska didn’t score a touchdown in the second half.
New Mexico vs. Texas
- Didn’t watch one bit of the Texas vs. New Mexico game.
Oklahoma State vs. Arizona
- Oklahoma State = Overrated. Arizona = Rich Rod’s back!
Air Force vs. Michigan
- Denard Robinson’s touchdown runs were dope, but Michigan shouldn’t be struggling with Air Force at all.
Grambling State vs. TCU
- Annnnnd, why is TCU playing Grambling State?
Kansas State. vs. Miami
- Never thought I’d see Kansas State blowout Miami. What if Bill Snyder coached Texas, California or Florida school. This man does more with less better than any coach ever! Kansas State was Boise State, before Boise State.
Purdue vs. Notre Dame
- Notre Dame looked just okay. Purdue is going to play spoiler this year though.
Missouri State vs. Louisville
Teddy Bridgewater is a 19 year old true sophomore with a 81.7 completion percentage through two games on his way to a BCS game in January.
Georgia State vs. Tennessee
- I don’t like Tennessee playing a weak opponent, but I get it, they play Florida this upcoming weekend.
Florida vs. Texas A&M
- Florida put up a good fight, but damn Texas A&M looks good. Johnny Manziel is going to be a good one.
I’m not sure about Mizzou, but A&M will be respected in the SEC.
Weber State vs. BYU
- Didn’t watch any of BYU vs. Weber State.
Duke vs. Stanford
- I’m confused. Stanford and Duke are on the same par academically. So why is Stanford achieved success and Duke hasn’t even come close?
Cowboys vs. Giants
- Tony Romo is underrated and always has been. The Giants always start the season slow so there’s nothing to be worried about Giants fans.
Colts vs. Bears
- Andrew Luck played the Chicago Bears, not the Cal Bears and understood really quick that he wasn’t in Palo Alto anymore. Luck played well though despite the 4 picks, he made the right decisions, but two of the picks were just great plays and the other was a tipped ball.
- I swear that deep ball from Cutler to Jefferey was the prettiest thing that happened in the tri-planet area this past weekend.
Eagles vs. Browns
- I make so many excuses for Michael Vick, but I’m going to have to look in the mirror and stop lying to myself. Yes, he’s rusty and didn’t have a preseason….but c’mon he’s been in the league 10 years now.
- Colt McCoy is better than Brandon Weeden. I see a Drew Brees Philip Rivers situation happening in Cleveland.
Rams vs. Lions
- Bradford vs. Stafford was a good one. Bradford won the battle, but Stafford has more weapons and won the game.
Patriots vs. Titans
- The Patriots showed up, CJ2k didn’t.
Falcons vs. Chiefs
- Julio Jones got all the way off on the Chiefs secondary and it wasn’t even close.
Redskins vs. Saints
- Was school the same when you had a substitute teacher? Then why do the Saints expect things to be the same with interim head coaches?
- Let’s keep things in perspective. RGIII looked good…forget that he looked great, but of the five rookie starting QBs this week, he played the worst defense.
Bills vs. Jets
- Welp, I was wrong. I thought the Jets would definitely lose this one. Is Buffalo that bad?
Dolphins vs. Texans
- J.J. Watt is a monster at defensive end. He had 3 tackles, 1.5 sack and three pass deflections that led to interceptions.
49ers vs. Packers
- It took long enough, but hopefully in the next five years we can see damn good matchups between Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers. Smith won easily yesterday too.
Panthers vs. Buccaneers
- Cam Netwon’s gotta grow up and take his game to the next level. He’s making the same mistakes that he was last season and he’s the reason the Panthers lost the game.
Steelers vs. Broncos
- Yes, Peyton Manning is back and he played well. But show some love to Tracy Porter balled out with 8 tackles, 5 passes defended and one pick six.
That’s all I got,